This is a journey into sound…
An independent, grassroots music and events crew of seasoned ravers and parents that put on family raves with all the freedom and excitement of a mini-festival, right in the heart of cities and towns across the UK.
“London’s latest clubbing craze. Reliably Excellent” – The Guardian
“credible DJ bills…..great effects…..magical” – Time Out
“responsible irresponsibility” – Robert Archand, BFLF regular
“The most fun we’ve ever had together as a family” – BFLF first timer
“three best days of my life: getting married, having my child, now THIS!” – BFLF first timer
Drawing on our experience as ravers and parents the BFLF crew create anarchic, social, daft fun for all ages. Inspired by Hannah’s (the founder) lifelong love of clubbing and her children’s enjoyment of festivals. BFLF is something we want to take our own families to – somewhere relaxed, entertaining, and where the adults enjoy themselves as much as the children and vice versa with grandparents, uncles, aunts and carers all in the mix.
‘Raving always came from the heart, a way to express a love of music and dancing with your friends. BFLF extends that across the generations so you can rave with your family too. It’s a celebration of life, love, unity and music. Together on the dance floor. ‘ – Hannah BFLF Founder
We work hard to make sure each event is unique – different DJs, creative themes and guest artists running everything from hula-hoop demonstrations to synthesiser workshops to interactive light installations.
Our parties are held in interesting and quirky venues; clubs, arts spaces, festivals, woods and pubs, which help create the ambience of being at a real rave.
Started in Brixton, summer 2013 BFLF now runs on weekend afternoons across the UK, and also works with other festivals and organisations (Glastonbury Festival, Camp Bestival, South Bank Centre, Edinburgh Festival, Beautiful Days, Coventry Mysteries, Kendal Calling, National Gallery, Stratford Circus, The Museum of London, LGBQT Pride, Out With The Family, Winterville, Mini VAULT, Farnham Maltings, Dreamland Margate and the London Electronic Arts Festival).
Regular events are now held all over the country including: Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol, Bath, Oxford, Birmingham,Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Leicester, Norwich, Southend, Margate, Tunbridge Wells, Newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Sunderland and Manchester and many more. We also run in Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney Australia.
What you can expect at a BFLF Family Rave:
- Top DJs playing club classics (2 Bad Mice, Slipmatt, Aphrodite, DJ SS, Altern 8, Terry Francis, Plastician, Jerome Hill, Krafty Kuts, K Klass, DJ Food, The Orb, Tom Middleton, Terry Farley, Hatcha, Mixmaster Morris, James Tec and Nihal have all played – check individual events for details)
- Fancy dress themes
- Bubble Machines, club visuals, giant balloons, glitter cannons and parachute dance
- Captain Cookie craft area with themed crafts, giant colouring mural, play-doh table
- Licensed Bar
- Home Made Cake Stall and savouries
- Facepainting stall
- Play area with tents, tunnels and inflatables
- Villa Pia Babies-only chillout safe space with soft mats, beanbags and ball-pool.
- Free glowsticks and transfer tattoos
- Baby change and buggy park
- One-off installations/workshops (see event pages for details)
BFLF combine the big weekend raves with the BFLF monthly radio show and appearances at various festivals.
We believe everyone has the right to a good time – so big fish, grab your little fish and see you on the dancefloor…Love Hannah and the BFLF crew xxx
DJs will be announced in advance of each party via Twitter and Facebook but may be subject to unavoidable change.
- Adults remain responsible for their children at all times.
- For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome as long as there are both adults and children in your party.
- Adult only groups are not admitted . A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a large birthday party please ensure one adult to two children minimum. We will refuse entry to groups where there is inadequate supervision.
- If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email info@
bigfishlittlefishevents.co.uk for pre-approval before buying tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred/sold on.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed). Will cost more on the door (if tickets available).
- The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
- For indoor events low lighting/club lighting rigs (no strobes) are used.
- Music level is set and monitored throughout to abide by WHO guidelines. This is far lower than usual clubs levels but given the number of children attending there is a constant level of background noise during the event.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
- Buggies must be left in buggy park outside the event space and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF promotion purposes.