ALEXANDRA PALACE BFLF ‘Summer of Love’ Family Rave Extravaganza DJs Baker & Beale 22 July
NEW: whole programme announced!
Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with BFLF at the place where a legenadry Love-in and 24 Hour Technicolour Dream, um, happened!
After last year’s sold out success of BFLF at the Alexandra Palace Festival they’ve asked us back for something even bigger and better to help them celebrate this Flower Power anniversary.
In the magnificent surroundings of the West Hall come let your hair down and get your groove on:
- Groovy DJs Baker & Beale play an eclectic range of rave classics with a psychedelic twist to help you stay cosmic on the dancefloor
- Fairylight festoons tumble down, astroturf dance floor, glow sticks, club visual projections, bubbles, giant balloons, glitter cannon and a DOUBLE parachute dance to help you trip the light fantastic.
- George Hoyle tells the psychedelic story of Jimi Hendrix using a guitar and interactive elements for all the family to enjoy @folk_cunning
- Far out interactive performances with dancer Frank Wilson and LED hula hoopers Circudelia
- Suso’s manic music making from kids’ electronic toys
- Blow your mind with bubbleologist to the stars Bobby’s Bubbles with bubble show, stall and Karrom boards to enjoy
- Craft with Captain Cookie – Flower Power accessories, murals and playdoh with things to make, colour, stick and squish
- Look your hippie best with our facepainting stalls from PHACEby Philly. Kids £5 – Adults £7 www.facebook.com/PHACEbyphilly. Children must be over 2. CASH ONLY.
- Fully licensed bar selling range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Bakerchef provides a stall sweet treats for those with munchies.
- Chill out with your babies in our baby only Villa Pia area with equipment from Big Fun Soft Play and bean bags from Bean Bag Bazaar
- To the beat of a state-of-the-art, high definition KV2 ES sound system provided by London Sound & Light
- Takeaway a Babease baby food pouch and Chocolate coconut milk drink from Rebel Kitchen.
- Buggy Park inside and baby change area.
Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome. Adults are not admitted unless accompanied by a child. A max of 3 children per adult. If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approval before buying tickets.
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred/sold on and if anybody with tickets finds they cannot attend a sold-out event please email email@example.com and BFLF will attempt to put you in touch with people seeking to buy tickets. Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed). Will cost more on the door (if tickets available).
Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating, club lighting rigs (no strobes) are used and events are busy with up to 2,000 at this eh party – which helps create the rave ambience.
Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance. Music is monitoed and played at a safe level.
Buggies must be left in buggy park and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF promotion purposes.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but acitivities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There are buses that take you to Alexandra Palace but please be aware this is within what will be a very busy festival so allow plenty of time to arrive at the evnt wihin the Palace itself.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
There is a no refund policy but if you are unable to attend you may sell your tickets to someone else. If well in advance of a sold out event please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try and match you with someone on the wiating list. If within 24hours of the event then please post them to sell on the Facebook event page – where we will validate that you have tickets.