CRAWLEY LAUNCH Pirate Family Rave DJ Alex Paterson (The Orb) 8 September
Shiver Me Timbers, a pirate-themed family rave with DJ Alex Paterson (The Orb).
Set sail with the award winning, world famous Big Fish Little Fish crew and their shipmates as we bring our pioneering family rave to The Hawth.
Avast ye land lubbers and dance together on a floor filled with bubbles, balloons, glitter and topped by the parachute dance! Get nautically crafty on the Captain Cookie craft tables, enjoy some shore leave in the baby chill out or play areas and a tot of rum in the licensed bar.
BFLF take the banging tunes, unity and escapism you remember from the classic days of rave and bring them to a family audience, celebrating life together on the dancefloor. Created by families for families and by clubbers with decades of experience between them, you can re-live your clubbing glory years with a toddler on your shoulders, a pint in your hand and world-class DJ Alex Paterson (The Orb) on the decks playing acid house, techno and drum ‘n’ bass classics.
BFLF is primarily aimed at families with 0-8 year olds but older siblings are welcome. Fancy dress (optional): piratical!
‘reliably excellent’ The Guardian
‘credible music…magical’ Time Out
‘The best thing we do together as a family’ BFLF Regular
‘The best day of my life’ BFLF 6 year old attendee
4x Winner Audience Choice Family Arts Festival Awards
Please note: A maximum of 3 children per an adult. A maximum of 4 adults per a child.
Terms and Conditions
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome.
- Adult only groups are not admitted . A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a large birthday party please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
- If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approval before buying tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred/sold on.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed). Will cost more on the door (if tickets available).
- The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
- Buggies must be left in buggy park outside the event space and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF or Hawth Theatre promotion purposes.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but acitivities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
How Loud will it be?
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
There is a no refund policy but if you are unable to attend you may sell your tickets to someone else. If well in advance of a sold out event please email email@example.com so we can try and match you with someone on the wiating list. If within 24hours of the event then please post them to sell on the Facebook event page – where we will validate that you have tickets.